[OpenAFS] openafs on tru64 5.0a

Ben Staffin staffin@uiuc.edu
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:57:31 -0600

* vinod kumar boppana <bvinodvivek@rediffmail.com> [2005-02-10 00:37] wibbled:
> I installed openafs with the following configuration.
>
> 1. AFS client ---  Tru64 unix 5.0a ( DEC ALPHA 64-bit machines )
>
> 2  AFS Server ---  Red Hat Linux 8.0 ( xeon 32-bit machines).
>
> the problems i am facing with this configuration is , klog is not
> working for users . (the error : unable to authenticate because
> password is correct )
>
> i just want to know that the afs server can be a 32-bit machine and
> the client can be 64-bit machine. does anybody using this
> configuration ?
>
> why i am asking is , when i change the server configuration to
> 64-bit machine , all the things working properly.
>
> AFS Server --- Tru64 unix 5.0a ( DEC ALPHA 64-bit machines )
>
> so please tell me whether i can use
>
> client on 64-bit machine
>     and
>
> server on 32-bit machine

Yes, you should have no problems using 32- and 64-bit systems and big-
endian systems all together with AFS.  I have both 32bit and 64bit
fileservers (x86 linux, x86 solaris, sparc solaris, 32bit AIX), and all
sorts of different clients (x86 linux, macs, solaris sparc, solaris x86,
AIX, IRIX) and they are all happily working.  I thought I heard somewhere,
however, that support for Tru64 is going away fairly soon.

--
/--
| Ben Staffin
  perpetual nerd  |