[OpenAFS] AIX client panics machine if ThisCell is invalid

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:02:09 +0100

Have you started afsd with -afsdb ? This at least crashed my client
under AIX 5.2 regularly.

Hartmut

Ben Staffin wrote:
> So ... I discovered the hard way that (on AIX at least) if you put a
> non-existent cellname in /usr/vice/etc/ThisCell and start the AFS
> client, the system will panic as soon as afsd is started.  Weird, huh?
> Pretty obscure error condition, but still ... kernel panic?  Yow.

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)