[OpenAFS] windows client problems...

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:51:47 -0500

Ok, I'll try that.  Also, if it helps, the machine just "lost" tokens
again.  Trying to log in gives the same error number.

Net view \\afs gives the same thing we've been seeing here at Duke (so
its definitely not isolated to our network):

System error 52 on net view \\afs - You were not connected because a
duplicate name exists on the network.  Go to System in Control Panel to
change the computer name and try again."

Do you still need the pioctl debugging info?  I think a department here
(at Duke) started disabling Freelance mode and many of the problems have
gone away.  Freelance is enabled on this particular machine that I'm
troubleshooting, so I suppose I could disable it, but that wouldn't
really tell us why windows thinks \\afs is already being used...

- Robbie

--
Robbie Foust, IT Analyst
OIT/CASI - Administrative Information Support