[OpenAFS] Re: Cache file system (ext2) corruption with 1.3.84 and kernel 2.6.11.11

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:09:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:

> I have previously reported that my ext2 file system caches are getting
> corrupted with 2.6 and with 2.4 kernels, no matter what version of gcc
> is used to compile them (see June 10 and thereabouts in openafs-info).
>
> This problem persists, and I now have a new symptom.  When I shut down
> openafs, the kernel module is removed and afsd is killed, but the
> cache partition is still mounted.  If I unmount the cache this happens:
>
>     #/etc/init.d/openafs-client stop
>     #umount /var/cache/openafs
>     VFS: Busy inodes after unmount.  Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have
> 	a nice day...
>
> This seems to indicate that bookkeeping of inodes in use is faulty.

With any kernel version?

We fixed a problem like this a few weeks back. I suppose the right thing
to do is to provide a patch which on shutdown of afsd as the last thing,
scans the inodes the cache knows about and printks whether any are still
in use.