[OpenAFS] Re: corruption of afs cache partitions

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:11:53 +0100

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:36:27AM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> ok. i think 1.3.85 will have all the patches you want. try it when you
> can.

OK, before 1.3.85 I had virtually guaranteed cache corruption on
every machine running a 2.6 kernel every day, the only exceptions
being machines whose AFS usage was quite small.  At Derrick's
suggestion, I tried the snapshot from 2005-07-05, but this did
not cure the problem.  With the release of 1.3.85, I have deployed
this now on all my 2.6 machines, and I have not had a single case
of cache corruption on any machine for over a week, despite daily
checks.  So it looks like this one is fixed.  Many thanks to
Derrick and to everyone else who helped.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk