[OpenAFS] Storing system binaries in the /afs tree (was Building libafs.ko on Debian without full kernel sources)

zeroguy zeroguy@verizon.net
Tue, 17 May 2005 20:41:56 -0400

On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:42:37 -0400
Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> wrote:

>   > A smaller problem is no cross-dir links, but that is usually only
a problem
>   > for man pages.
>   Not sure I follow.  Could you explain?

You cannot have hard-links to files in different directories (if I
recall correctly) in AFS, because they are considered to be different
filesystems (or something like that). I believe that's what he's
referring to. Fortunately, hard-links are rare these days, as was
said, as symlinks usually work just as well, so this is not often a
problem.

	-zeroguy