[OpenAFS] How to replicate files on different machines

shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:56:07 +0530 (IST)

Hi.

I'm using OpenAFS 1.4.2 on Fedora 5.
I want to replicate file(s) on 2 machines (both Fedora 5).
How could this be achieved?
Do I need to install OpenAFS server on both the machines, and if this is the requirement, how could the servers be synchronized?

Write now I'm facing one other issue.
I have installed server on 1st machine and client on 2nd machine (both Fedora 5).
I have given the cell information for the server on 2nd machine in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB, CellServDB.dist and ThisCell.

However, when I start the client, the cell under /afs/ is not displayed as a directory.

# ls -l /afs/
total 0
?--------- 0 root root 0 Jan  1  1970 ps2750.pspl.co.in
#

Hence I could not do any further file operations.
Am I missing something?

Thanks and Regards,
Shailesh Joshi