[OpenAFS] Problem in creating/replicating volumes

shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:37:57 +0530 (IST)

Hi.

Its working now, after I updated client CellServDB with info for both the servers.

Thanks for the timely help.

Thanks and Regards,
Shailesh

Date: Thu 21 Dec 17:21:59 IST 2006
From: Chris Huebsch <chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Problem in creating/replicating volumes
To: shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in
Cc: openafs <openafs-info@openafs.org>

Hi,

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in wrote:

> Now I have set the clock of both machines to the same time.

fine.

> How to resolve this "I am not sync site"?

This is absolutely correct. There is always only one sync-site. It is
the elected master of your 2-master-system.

> May be because of this I'm still getting errors with vos commands.

Definitely not.

Perhaps your client does not yet know of both servers running fine?

What gives?

fs getserverprefs -vlservers

Chris

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.