[OpenAFS] Re: openafs does not put a [correct] value in fsinfo.f_type?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 16:29:35 -0800

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
>> This won't work for code which must build without dependencies on AFS,
>> of which might be built on a non-AFS machine and executed on an
>> AFS-client machine (ie for rpm/deb packaging).

> Untrue. The kafs library has its on syscall prober thing which doesn't
> depend on AFS and certainly manages to set tokens.

Are you referring to this?

  http://www.pdc.kth.se/kth-krb/

The code in lib/kafs/afssys.c appears to catch the SIGSYS signal while
doing some scary syscall()-guessing.

This is the closest thing to an answer so far.  But that's a pretty
huge amount of code just to figure out what filesystem a file sits on.

I'm also worried about using something like this to answer the
question "does this machine have the AFS client" in a situation where
a false negative means severe data corruption.  In the case of the
krb4-kth library, a false negative in the syscall()-guessing just
means that the user gets an error message.

  - a