[OpenAFS] token loss?

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:05:23 -0600

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 08:33:02AM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>=20
> Tokens can be lost because of either local issues such as the pag being
> cleared via an 'unlog' or a new pag being allocated.  The tokens could
> be lost due to a bug in the client.  Or the tokens could be lost because
> the server has reported to the client that the tokens cannot be used
> due to RXKADUNKNOWNKEY, RXKADBADTICKET, RXKADEXPIRED, etc.  The first
> thing you need to determine is which it is.
>=20
> If the server is the trigger of the token loss, an event will be written
> to the cache manager trace log within the kernel (if the log is active.)
> You can control the use of the cm event logging with the 'fstrace'
> options 'lsset', 'setset' and 'dump'.
>=20
> Activate the event logging and when the problem occurs, dump the output
> to a file and search it for a tokens discarded message.  If found, the
> message will indicate the error value that caused the tokens to be
> cleared.  Depending on why the tokens are being cleared there are
> different next steps.

OK, I issused fstrace setset, then fstrace lsset:
Available sets:
cmlongterm active
cm active

Then I waited for the token to be lost, then I fstrace dump.  But the
word 'token' does not appear in the output.  I tried fstrace dump,
fstrace dump cm, and fstrace dump cmlongterm.  Did I do this correctly?

--=20
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>