[OpenAFS] Re: feasibility of moving lightweight-principals issue "upstream" to kerberos

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 03 Jan 2006 17:17:51 -0800

Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:
> Be careful; in one sense, krb524d and gssklogd are basically the same
> program, especially in terms of client transparency.  It's just that
> the utilities to use one of them are much more widespread.

Ah yes. I wasn't aware that they shared code, although I do know that
they operate on essentially the same principle.

But the "client side" of krb524d is built into the aklog that ships
with OpenAFS, while the "client side" of gssklog is not.  It's not
just the widespreadness, it's the fact that you can safely assume that
anybody who has installed a recent version of OpenAFS is guaranteed to
have the krb524d client.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380