[OpenAFS] rxbind for server processes?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:11:22 -0500

On Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:53:17 AM -0500 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> You could modify the code for the server processes to support -rxbind.

You could, but it would require an interface not currently provided by rx,
in place of the current rx_Init() and rx_NewService(), which take only a
port number.  Eventually, we are going to need new versions of these API's,
and ideally we should adopt one general enough to avoid replacing it again
in another year or two.

New versions of these API's should probably accept a list of socket
addresses, allowing an application to bind only to specific addresses (or
to use the "any" address to simulate current behavior), and to use
different ports on different interfaces.  And of course, the list should be
sockaddr's, not IPv4 addresses, so we don't have to revisit it in order to
support IPv6.

-- Jeff