[OpenAFS] OpenAfs for Mac OSX 10.4

ksassenberg@eircom.net ksassenberg@eircom.net
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:50:04 +0000

Hi,

I should first explain that I am just starting off with OpenAfs and so don't really understand much, so with that I hope someone can give me some pointers that will help sort out my problems. With that in  mind here they are :

1) When I installed "OpenAFS 1.4.1 Release Candidate 5", it says that one has to select your cell from the "ThisCell" file. My problem is that this file contains only one entry, openafs.org. Should I put the cellname that I want to connect to above this or is there something else ?

2) I went into /Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS to find out why OpenAfs was not running and get this message when I try to start it:

Starting OpenAFS
kextload: extension /var/db/openafs/etc/afs.kext is already loaded
Starting afsd
afsd: some file missing or bad in /var/db/openafs/etc
afssettings: sysctl 3.20.1.0.1 => 0: Operation not supported on socket

3) when I run klog I get this message :

klog: error reading cell database Can't get local cell name!

4) Are there any other things I could be looking at to find out what is wrong?

5) If everything works out, what should I see?

ie should I have to log in using klog and then find the relevant cell mounted on /afs ?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated and thanks,
Karl Sassenberg.

Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts