[OpenAFS] RC5 hangs on w2k3 terminal server

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:10:47 -0600

Robbie Foust wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have RC5 running on a terminal server, and every day or two,
> afscreds claims that the service is not running.  Windows thinks it
>   *is* running. When I try to stop the service (to restart it), it
> never stops.  It remains in a "stopping" state.  I can use pskill
> (wininternals) to kill it, and then I can start it and all is well.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this.  I'm going to
> completely uninstall the client tonight and reinstall to be sure
> something isn't left over from a past version.

Stop the service (or boot into safe mode) and completely delete the
C:\windows\temp\AFSCache file and then restart AFS and see if it gets
better.

If that doesn't work, uninstall, reboot, rmdir /s /q c:\progra~1\openafs
and delete c:\windows\temp\afs* and try again.

Are you running SP1, R2 ? Which edition of Windows 2003?  Standard?
Enterprise?

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen