[OpenAFS] HOWTO: multiple cells on a single machine

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 23 May 2006 00:52:27 -0700

It's not pretty, but it's working for me right now.  May be useful to
others.

  http://www.megacz.com/advice/afs/one.machine.multiple.cells.html

It would make me really, really happy if the OpenAFS server knew how
to bind to just a single interface -- then I wouldn't need to run
Linux-VServer (which requires a kernel patch and severely limits which
kernels you can use).

It's pretty clear where to do this (rx_user.c:rx_Init()), but where to
get the desired interface IP from ($AFS_SERVER_CONFIG_DIR/NetBind?) is
a judgement call for somebody else to make.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380