[OpenAFS] 1.4.2fc3 client on RHEL5 beta 1

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:10:29 -0400

In message <422BECEAEDD061ADEEAFDFF8@sirius.fac.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelman w
rites:
>Well, there are varying levels of agressiveness you could use.
>You could do what GCPAGS does, which is set the token expiration time to
>zero and let the daemon thread take care of the rest.  Or, you could go all
>the way and nuke the tokens (like VIOCUNLOG does), and call
>afs_ResetAccessCache to nuke cached access rights and RemoveUserConns to
>nuke cached connections.  VIOCUNLOG just calls afs_ResetUserConns, which
>marks connections as reset but doesn't actually do the destroy, instead
>leaving that for later.  But VIOCUNLOG knows that the PAG still belongs to
>at least one process (the one calling unlog) and might get reused.

i submitted a patch, bug #40659.

i took the path of least resistance and set the TMP_UPAGNotReferenced.
its easy and gets the right behavior is gc is on without needing to
scan the entire process table.  i cant recall if afs needs to hold
on to the credentials after the process has exited (async writes?).
skipping a step and expiring the token seems fine though.

this doesnt solve the problem of scanning the process table for uid
based tokens.  my aim was to eliminate part of the next for locking
the tasklist.