[OpenAFS] One of my users has married - what to do?

Tracy Di Marco White gendalia@iastate.edu
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:51:15 -0500

On 4/29/07, Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> >If I recall correctly, our method for handling the salt correctly for
> >any enctype now involves having the person set a new password
> >when they change their username.
>
> If you're going to do this anyway, and assuming you aren't doing
> the right magic to preserve the password history correctly (from what I
> remember, that old code in kadmind didn't do that), then why are you
> adding the code for rename_principal back into kadmind?  It sounds
> like you could do everything you are talking about with a delete
> and an add.

We started having users set a new password when they change
their username within the last year.  We've been putting the
rename code back in for a lot longer.  John would have to say
if we do anything with password history, though I think we
don't.

-Tracy