[OpenAFS] elegant solution for user change?

Jochen Thäder jochen@thaeder.de
Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:23:38 +0200

> OK, I haven't tried that version yet.
> You can use the KRB5CCNAME environment variable to create a separate
> credentialcache, so that other shells are not affected.
>
> Try :
>
> export KRB5CCNAME="/tmp/blah"
> kinit -t=<operatorkeytab> <principal>

but unfortunatelly the user now lost his access rights in his other shells :-(
which he should keep
> pagsh
> afslog
>
> on exit, you should remove the credentialcache /tmp/blah.
>
> Christof

Sorry maybe I was a little unclear: I want both, unix and afs user
changed from worker to operator.... I'm really a little bit puzzled.

cheers
    Jochen

--
Jochen Thäder  jochen@thaeder.de

Computer Science/Computer Engineering
Kirchhoff Institute of Physics - Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg