[OpenAFS] Re: Openafs performance with Apache/PHP

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:11:37 -0700

"Nate Gordon" <nlgordon@gmail.com> writes:

> I've looked through it before, but I usually get too annoyed when the
> asfd process kernel panics my machine if I get dcache/stats too high.
> My webservers deal with an annoying large volume of content (~35GB) and
> defining a working set size seems to be a moving target to say the
> least, but I'll take another stab at it.

The other thing that would be very interesting to know is whether the time
is going into data management in the cache manager or is really going into
network traffic to the file server.  If you can use something like tcpdump
to see how much Rx traffic there is to the file server under different
loads and see if that increases with increasing request time or if it
stays the same, that would be very interesting.  If it stays the same,
that points to some sort of inefficiency in the cache manager itself with
its data structure handling.