[OpenAFS] Puzzled about tracking down a bunch of locks

Brian Gallew geek+afs@qatar.cmu.edu
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:55:03 +0300

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> What do you mean by "locked volumes"?
>
> If you mean a client is holding a lock on a particular file in a volume,
> you can raise the LogLevel on the file server and see which Lock
> requests come in.  The client must renew the lock every five minutes for
> it to remain active.

No, I mean exactly what I said: the volume is locked.

ION, I'm stupid.  I completely failed to notice that the error messages,
which I've been receiving for months, had actually stopped updating, so
I asked yesterday about something that hasn't actually been a problem
since October.

Some days it's doesn't pay to open my mouth.