[OpenAFS] openAFS 1.4.4 - ticket contained unknown key version number

Hamish hamish@travellingkiwi.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:10:18 +0100

I've got openAFS 1.4.4 (RPM x86_64 downloaded from openafs.org) running on
RHES4 with kerberosV. Kerberos is installed & seems to be working OK. I can
get a krb ticket with krb5 no problems. kadmin etc all work. I can create new
principals (e.g. afs).

aklog works. It get a token and then tokens shows the token successfully
generated... Working so far.

However when I try to execute a command that requires a token (e..g box
restart, vos create etc), I get

bos: failed to restart instance fs (ticket contained unknown key version
number)

I'm assumign thats ince aklog is in the RPM's that we're all OK for working
with krb5. The fact that aklog works seems to confirm that.

Why the heck do I get an unknown key version when trying to do anything? I've
googled till I'm blue in the face and have only found some really really old
emails asking questions with no answers... The Wiki seems devoid of any info
unless it's using kaserver when it comes to krb at all...

Anyone?

TIA
  Hamish.