[OpenAFS] Problems with Windows 1.5.5x clients under Windows 2000

Jochen Roderburg Roderburg@Uni-Koeln.DE
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:44:53 +0200

Zitat von "Jeffrey Altman" <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com>:

> Jochen Roderburg wrote:
>>
>> The latest OpenAFS Windows Clients 1.5.5x do not work on my Windows =20
>> 2000 system. Whe I try to get a token I get the Error "specified =20
>> realm is unknown". But the real problem seems to be more =20
>> fundamental, in the configuration I see that it did not find any =20
>> Volume Location and File Servers.
>
> Bug reports to openafs-bugs@openafs.org
>
> windows 2000 does not support the Unicode normalization APIs.    I =20
> suspect that is at issue.

Hi Jeffrey,

Had not seen that you have also a special address for "bugs".  ;-)
Thanks for transferring my question there and and repairing the =20
problem already.
Will keep you informed how the next release behaves here.

Best regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                    Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                          E-Mail: Roderburg@Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany