[OpenAFS] Status of native filesystem client for Windows?

Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:29:01 -0500

Stephen Joyce wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>
>> The only long term solution is the completion of the native file system
>> client that permits the removal of the loopback adapter and the
>> dependency on the SMB gateway server.   This work is being funded and
>> should be completed by the end of the year.
>>
>> Jeffrey Altman
>> Secure Endpoints Inc.
>
> I see that the end of the year is rapidly approaching. Is there any
> chance of at least a beta trickling down to us mere mortals anytime soon?
>
> (I've been trying to read the list every few days, but haven't noticed
> anything about this recently. If it's been discussed and I've missed it,
> feel free to tell me to RTFList again.)
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

Nothing has been announced.   The core file system driver and cache
manager code has been written.  However, the is no installer and many
of the supporting tools (afscreds, afs_config, afslogon.dll) have not
yet been re-written to work with it.

Jeffrey Altman