[OpenAFS] why linux sysnames are different

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:22:17 -0500

its not clear to me that even using glibc versions would be sufficient.
there are now two different styles for hashing shared libraries.  given
that the sysname can be changed on the fly, perhaps the linux startup
script could change the sysname to something like i686_fedora7 and
x86_64_sles10sp1.  if you know two distros are compatible, you only
need to some symlinks in your trees.