[OpenAFS] 'vos' command dos not finish, file service works ok (sort of)

anne salemme anne.salemme@Dartmouth.EDU
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:48:17 -0400

one thing that i haven't seen in all this mail...are you running the
client commands on one of the afs servers? in other words, do your
servers have afs clients installed on them?

when you do certain things that could cause the client to hang, you
don't want the client that's hanging be the one that's doing the operation.

so...just to be clear, are you running your 'vos' commands on an actual
client machine, or on one of your afs server machines?

anne