[OpenAFS] Replication

Lara Lloret Iglesias lari.lloret@googlemail.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:23:12 +0200

------=_Part_17248_17540724.1214508192149

Hello,

I=B4ve more than one mount point for the first volume (on the first server)=
,
that=B4s true. I=B4ve thought that changing the quotas for each mount point=
 it
would work as many separate folders and it would be clearer for me to
organise everything. The strange thing is that I don=B4t have problems with
the first volume but with the second one (on the second server) when I try
to mount it, it just duplicates one of the "mount points" that I already
had. But i=B4m pretty sure I didn=B4t specified that I wanted a replication
volume when I installed the server, at least not intentionally,

Lara

2008/6/26 Steven Jenkins <steven.jenkins@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Lara Lloret Iglesias
> <lari.lloret@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've just installed two afs servers on the same cell, but I've problems
> with
> > them. I've done a mkmount and everything works fine, but when I try to
> make
> > another mount point, it just duplicates the content of the first one. I
> know
> > afs has a replication system but I don't want to enable it, how can I
> turn
> > it off??
> >

> Could you clarify how you've done the mountpoint creation?  AFS allows
> you to have multiple mountpoints of the same volumes, but doing that
> is not typical.
>
> For example, if I have the volumes user.steven and user.lari, I could
> mount them at
>
> /afs/mycell/user/steven (for user.steven) and
> /afs/mycell/user/lari (for user.lari)
>
> Those mountpoints would be created like:
>
> fs mkmount -directory /afs/mycell/user/steven -vol user.steven
> fs mkmount -directory /afs/mycell/user/lari -vol user.lari
>
> Steven

------=_Part_17248_17540724.1214508192149

Hello,<br><br>I=B4ve more than one mount point for the first volume (on the=
 first server), that=B4s true. I=B4ve thought that changing the quotas for =
each mount point it would work as many separate folders and it would be cle=
arer for me to organise everything. The strange thing is that I don=B4t hav=
e problems with the first volume but with the second one (on the second ser=
ver) when I try to mount it, it just duplicates one of the &quot;mount poin=
ts&quot; that I already had. But i=B4m pretty sure I didn=B4t specified tha=
t I wanted a replication volume when I installed the server, at least not i=
ntentionally,<br>
;<a href=3D"mailto:steven.jenkins@gmail.com">steven.jenkins@gmail.com</a>&g=
t;:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rg=
b(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
 Lloret Iglesias<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:lari.lloret@googlemail.com">lari.lloret@googlemail.co=
m</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hello,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;ve just installed two afs servers on the same cell, but I&#39;ve=
 problems with<br>
&gt; them. I&#39;ve done a mkmount and everything works fine, but when I tr=
y to make<br>
&gt; another mount point, it just duplicates the content of the first one. =
I know<br>
&gt; afs has a replication system but I don&#39;t want to enable it, how ca=
n I turn<br>
&gt; it off??<br>
&gt;<br>
&nbsp;AFS allows<br>
you to have multiple mountpoints of the same volumes, but doing that<br>
is not typical.<br>
For example, if I have the volumes user.steven and user.lari, I could<br>
mount them at<br>
/afs/mycell/user/steven (for user.steven) and<br>
/afs/mycell/user/lari (for user.lari)<br>
Those mountpoints would be created like:<br>
fs mkmount -directory /afs/mycell/user/steven -vol user.steven<br>
fs mkmount -directory /afs/mycell/user/lari -vol user.lari<br>
Steven<br>

------=_Part_17248_17540724.1214508192149--