[OpenAFS] Re: atrpms for fedora openafs?

Axel Thimm openafs-info <openafs-info@openafs.org>
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:05:58 +0200

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 03:29:40PM -0400, Marc Dionne wrote:
> Le 15/03/08 01:51 PM, Simon Wilkinson a =E9crit :
>> On 15 Mar 2008, at 17:28, Axel Thimm wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the info & patch selection. I'll add the patches to ATrpms'
>>> packages. This will probably also fix the F9 (2.6.25) builds.
>>
>> Unfortunately not. There are additional patches required for 2.6.25. I=
=20
>> think these are still undergoing testing (certainly, recent reports here=
=20
>> suggest that there are problems with them)
>>
>> S.
>
> Yes, 2.6.25 is still a work in progress.  Current CVS works here,
> but your mileage may vary.
>
> As for F9, I just tried building OpenAFS with a F9 kernel, but this
> currently fails because of GPL only symbols that get dragged in by
> some kernel debugging options (as discussed in another thread):
> - lock statistics brings in mutex_lock_nested() which is GPL
> - lockdep brings in some rcu GPL symbols
>
> These will probably be disabled once F9 is released, but it means
> OpenAFS can't currently be built for rawhide, and shows that OpenAFS
> is vulnerable to any distribution choosing to enable one of these
> options in their releases.

That's not nice. Let's hope that the last release candidate of F9 will
already turn these off, so there will be some kind of testing for
openafs on F9. Once I see a rawhide kernel builds the openafs modules
again I'll ping the list.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2