[OpenAFS] vos syncserv and vos syncvldb

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:58:36 -0500

I was trying to help someone on #openafs yesterday with a hosed vldb due
to an AFS server being initial setup on "localhost."  Once we determined
that was indeed the problem (which was not easy in and of itself) and
corrected, attempts were made to fix the vldb by using vos syncvldb and
vos syncserv.  However, these did not seem to help and I had the user in
question simply shutdown their AFS servers and manually delete the
vldb.DB0 and vldb.DBSYS1.  This worked, but I suspect this is not the
correct way to solve the problem.

Can someone provide the correct steps to make an incorrect (say
"localhost") entry disappear from the vldb and vos listaddrs or at least
say in what situations vos syncserv and vos syncvldb should be used?

<<CDC