[OpenAFS] Workshop slides for only those who paid?

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:05:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> Are these not going to be released to the community?
>>
>> Currently the only one I tried is password protected.
>
> Tutorial slides are only available to those who attended.
> Workshop session slides are available to all.

The tutorial slides from years past were available to those
that were unable to attend once the conference was completed. See
http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw08/afstut.html for an example. They're
password protected, but the username and password are right there on the
page.

I've found these slides beneficial in the past. Who decided to restrict
access this year and for what reason?

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.