[OpenAFS] vos move "forgot" to remove .backup volume.

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:55:13 +0100 (CET)

> Come on, Haba, you've been to this party before -- what version of OpenAFS?

:) The recommended one :) 1.4.8.

> There's either
> a) a bug
> b) a problem with your system
> c) space aliens dancing on your server

As much as I'd like to blame it on c), ....

> Have you done some trace or tcpdump program to see what the vos
> command is doing?

The output was all what I found in the morning after a greater number
of vos move. So no, it does not happen "often". As this volume takes
about 100 minutes to move (probably because of the great number of
files involved), testing is not very practical. (333 files/sec,
1.4MB/sec). Other volumes with less files move at 20-30MB/sec.

> Have you identifed that the transaction in question that's lingering
> is a delete?  'vos status' (and maybe 'ps') should identify it.

There was nothing lingering any more when I was looking later.

Harald.