[OpenAFS] Anyone using Solaris with Live Upgrade for fileservers?

Rich Sudlow rich@nd.edu
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:04:17 -0400

Stephen Repetski wrote:
> I've done an LU on our two main fileservers before, but we upgraded
> the AFS server on them as well. Between the time the LU completed and
> the server was upgraded (1.4.8 to 1.4.11 I believe) it seemed to work
> just as expected.
>
> Server OS: Solaris 10 update 6 to update 7
>
> What do you mean if the disk and memory were tested?

Hi Trey

Thanks for your response. We've been running Solaris fileservers
for a long while but haven't been using Live Update - am interested
in that in order to keep our servers up while patching.
It sounds like it actually worked for you ;-) Roughly how long
did the Live Update take?  Do you use Sun tools for the patches
or pca?

Regarding the disk/memory tested.
Were you running an AFS client? - and if so a disk cache or
memory cache?

Thanks!

Rich