[OpenAFS] Estimate of size to be transferred in 'vos release' ?

Richard Brittain Richard.Brittain@dartmouth.edu
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
    is there any easy way to tell by examining the RW volume and existing
RO replicates, how much data will be transferred when we do a 'vos
release' (a -dryrun flag ?).

I'm setting up automatic releases for large user data volumes and while
most will be small, they could potentially be very large and take hours to
run, and knowing before starting would make for better planning.  We are
using the replicates as disaster recovery backups.

Thanks,
   Richard

--
Richard Brittain,  Kiewit Computing Services, 6224 Baker/Berry Library
                    Dartmouth College, Hanover NH 03755