[OpenAFS] AFS version of du

Richard Brittain Richard.Brittain@dartmouth.edu
Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:32:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Richard Brittain <Richard.Brittain@dartmouth.edu> writes:
>
>> Yesterday I was running 'find' and 'fs lsmount' across our cell to
>> explicitly look for volume mountpoints, and got some very strange
>> errors. On directories which exist and I had full access to, find would
>> sometimes throw a big pile of errors like:
>>   find: ./users/a/: No such file or directory
>
> While this may or may not fix those problems, you may find:
>
>    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/lsmounts/
>    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/fsr/
>
> useful until such time as coreutils has native support for some of this
> sort of thing.

THANKS!.  lsmounts works beautifully, even on the machines which show the
worst 'find' behaviour.  This solves my immediate need, and I'll probably
use your mount point database too, but begs the question of why perl's
File::Find module works fine, while 'find' breaks.  Underneath they are
presumably making very similar system calls.

Richard

--
Richard Brittain,  Research Computing Group,
                    Kiewit Computing Services, 6224 Baker/Berry Library