[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4 (fs) -> 1.5 (dafs) migration

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:25:39 -0400

On Aug 20, 2010, at 11:18 AM, G=E9mes G=E9za wrote:

> Initially I've planed to use the same ip address for the new server as
> the old had. But maybe vos move is a better approach. I have an almost
> empty partition, which I will empty up and reattach to the new server.
> My only remaining concern is about the db migration, as I intend to =
shut
> down the old servers.

Yow. Yeah, don't try to re-use the same IP. You won't be able to tell =
the cause of a lot of potential errors. New server, new name, new IP. =
That way you'll be able to recognize lingering references to the old =
server. Those lingering refs will be signs of things that didn't go as =
well as you'd like, and will be easier to find and fix.

Steve=