[OpenAFS] Re: Keyrings and PAG number in the group list

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:36:18 -0700

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:
> "Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:

>> On systems with keyring support, is there any way to tell AFS to NOT
>> put the PAG number into the groups?

> There's the --disable-linux-syscall-probing configure flag, though iirc
> the purpose of that in 1.4 was to get around build errors.

> Other options include: run a kernel where we can't patch the syscall
> table, or run a late-1.5 / 1.6 client.

None of that keeps us from putting the PAG number into the groups.  We
don't have to patch the syscall table to do that.  We only have to patch
the syscall table to preserve that group number across initgroups and
similar calls.