[OpenAFS] Preferred way to do backup? [Was] Re: best way to control "butc" tape host process?

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:04:17 -0500

On Dec 17, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Matt W. Benjamin wrote:

> Someone should mention that Michigan has built some kind of =
infrastructure around incremental volume shadowing, which should be a =
pretty efficient approach given what OpenAFS gives you to work with...  =
I don't know how you go about getting/using that (if if you can)...

Unfortunately the system is (was) only partially built. Due to the state =
of the State being 'broke', no resources were going into the remaining =
critical pieces. Dan Hyde and I should really write up where that work =
stands and what pieces still need done. With any luck someone with time =
and commitment will say 'oh wow!' and finish the work.

Steve=