[OpenAFS] Force client to cache directory

Scott Peshak scott@sourceallies.com
Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:57:47 -0600 (CST)

I use something similar to this:

find /afs/foo/bar/ -type f -exec md5sum {} \;

I use md5sum just to force the entire file to be read by the client.  I'm not claiming that this is the best option, but it has always worked for me.

-Scott

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gilles Martin" <vongillus@gmail.com>
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2010 9:56:44 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [OpenAFS] Force client to cache directory

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to force caching a specific directory on a client. For example by running a cron job regularly. The aim of this is that the client in case of server problem has an up to date version of the files in its cache. I didn't find any command in the cache manager that does this, it's only possible to clear the cache, I would like to do the opposite, fill the cache !

Thank you.

Gilles