[OpenAFS] Re: file ownership for root (UID 0)

"Karl Tißner" tissner@gmx.de
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:52:48 +0100

Von: Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net>

> > That's not really a satisfying solution. I'm forced to use the root
> > account, since I chroot into an AFS directory, which is the root
> > directory on a server using AFS mounted clients (for network boot).
> > Files created by root should be owned by root immediately.
>
> What problems are you encountering when files are not shown to be owned
> by root?

Some Debian Packages (man-db, the daily used aptitude) check, if their created files are owned bei the creator, which leads to errors like
  fopen: Permission denied
or
  E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
  E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Other programs of course refuse to run, if sensitive data is not properly protected.

These errors are not crucial, but annoying.

--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02