[OpenAFS] advice on troubleshooting blocked cache manager on MacOS?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:36:28 -0500

>Hi, lately I've been encountering a lot of situations where a process
>seems to block for a really long time trying to access something in
>/afs; it usually succeeds, but only after several minutes.  This seems
>to happen only on MacOS (1.4.11, although I saw it with 1.4.10 too).

If it matters at all, I saw the exact same thing.  It seemed to be
caused by a combination of a multihomed fileserver and AFS client
behind a NAT (yeah, it's easy to see how that would be an issue).  Once
the multihomed fileserver went away, it all fixed itself.  Doesn't
really help you with the troubleshooting, but I thought it might be a
useful datapoint.

--Ken