[OpenAFS] Re: advice on troubleshooting blocked cache manager on MacOS?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:40:51 +0000

On 27 Jan 2010, at 21:30, Adam Megacz wrote:

>=20
> Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> writes:
>>>  Lock afs_xvcache status: (none_waiting, write_locked(pid:11013
>>> at:335))
>=20
> Ah, so I am to interpret the thing after the comma as the name of a
> function somewhere within the openafs source code.  Knowing that helps =
> lot!

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'thing after the comma', but the =
critical bit to find the holder of a lock is the number after 'at:' (in =
this case, 335). Every location where the cache manager acquires an =
exclusive lock has a unique reference number - by grepping through the =
code you can easily find the lock location.

S.