[OpenAFS] Recommended way to start up OpenAFS on Solaris 10?

Chaz Chandler clc31@inbox.com
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:12:13 -0500

> On 01/29/2010 05:56 AM, David Boyes wrote:
> It's bothered me for some time that a basic infrastructure item like AFS =
is
> distributed in a way that bypasses the OS software management system on =
most
> platforms. I guess it's a time/resources thing, but still -- seems wrong,
> somehow. It's not that hard to do, especially on Solaris and AIX.
>  =20

On a related note, I'm working on an OpenAFS package for IRIX for Nekoware.

> On 01/29/2010 06:31 AM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> Ultimately this is the key issue. Until it becomes a high priority for =
someone, and that person publishes the necessary configuration, this isn't =
going to improve. Equally critically, we need people to take =
responsibility for maintaining the packaging as releases occur.
>  =20

I guess that makes me a volunteer=21 :)