[OpenAFS] Re: Strange problem with OpenAFS on Virtual Machine

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 9 Jul 2010 09:45:46 -0500

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:43:56 +0200
Claudio Prono <claudio.prono@atpss.net> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I am doing some test with OpenAFS on a virtual machine, and i have a
> strange problem.

What kind? Xen, VMware, ...? Is this Linux (what kernel)?

> And then the afs hangs. If i try to access to the AFS, is not
> possible...

Are you using dynroot? Are you sure your root.afs/root.cell is accessible?

> Any hint of what is going on? The Physic machine have 12 Gb of Ram, so
> isn't a problem of memory i think.... I have looked also into the logs
> in /var/log/openafs, and everything is ok.... no hint to debug that
> situation...

Syslog or dmesg would be more likely to indicate a problem.

To debug... first try running 'cmdebug <client>'; give the output if it
outputs anything (even if it doesn't look interesting).

If you're on Linux and have an appropriately-configured kernel,
'echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger' will give a trace of all processes in
dmesg/syslog. Put that in a pastebin or something, if you're okay with
giving out a listing of all the processes on that machine.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net