[OpenAFS] "Starting AFS cache scan..."

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:35:46 +0000

I've got my openafs cache in tmpfs (via a loopback-mount), so every time
the machine comes up it sees an empty cache directory and spends some
time "Starting AFS cache scan..." -- creating the directory structure.

Unfortunately the AFS startup script returns before this process
finishes.  This means that other startup scripts -- which depend on /afs
being mounted -- will end up running before /afs has been mounted.

Is there any way to change this behavior so that
/etc/init.d/openafs-client doesn't yield control until it has at least
attempted to mount /afs?

  - a