[OpenAFS] Re: Salvager running repeatedly

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:14:33 -0500

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:17:41 +0200 (EET)
Atro Tossavainen <atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi> wrote:

> > So there's no FileLog.old that keeps being refreshed with say a
> > registration failure?
> > Because this sounds like that problem.
>
> It was that problem.  fileserver coredumped at startup regardless of
> what it tried to do (even a manual "fileserver -help" caused a core
> dump).  Upgrading from 1.4.11 to 1.4.12 allowed me to proceed, but
> I must say I'm not yet quite sure why.  The important thing is that
> it's live again.

That's... interesting. Would you be willing to share a core (or at least
the trace from it)? If you're fine with it since it's working now,
that's fine, but it might be nice to know if the core can let us know
what was going on.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net