[OpenAFS] End of life for Windows 2000?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:30:02 -0800

> Windows 2000 is now more than ten years old.=A0 If your organization woul=
d be
> significantly impacted by removing support for Windows 2000, please let u=
> know.=A0 My personal opinion is that it is time to declare Windows 2000
> unsupported.

I would have to look at the official dates, but my recollection
is that Microsoft ended the last support for W2K earlier this
year.  Any further support required an "extended support"
(i.e. an expensive) contract.  Those organizations for which
W2K (and OpenAFS for W2K) are absolutely required
should already be budgeting (and contracting) for expensive
T&M support.  OpenAFS for W2K should be declared dead.

Gary