[OpenAFS] missing /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client

Jonathan S Billings jsbillin@umich.edu
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:25:51 -0400

On 10/18/2010 04:15 PM, David Bear wrote:
> In my position, I really must rely on how openafs is packaged. I do not
> have the time to build afs from source. So it would just be nice to know
> where to look when things are different.

Perhaps you were using RPMs built by someone other than the OpenAFS
packagers?  Most likely, they were built using a RPM spec file that is
not included in the OpenAFS source.

I just downloaded the 1.4.10 RPMs from the OpenAFS web site:

http://www.openafs.org/pages/release/1.4.10/index-rhel5.html

And the openafs-client service script refers to the same file as in
1.4.12.1.  The logs in git seem to indicate it has always referred to
/etc/sysconfig/openafs.

The RPM spec file for OpenAFS is packaged in the source, in
.../src/packagin/RedHat/openafs.spec.in.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin@umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support