[OpenAFS] Quick Start Kerberos problem: can acquire tokens, but they don't work

Phillip Moore w.phillip.moore@gmail.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:34:41 -0400

--0015175cb6585191220491794df7

This is good to know.   Does it seem reasonable to document this as an
alternative to using asetkey for sites that use Heimdal?

If so, I'll include this in the Quick Start Guide patch (which, after all
these promises, I had better submit if I am to regain any credibility
here....)

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> I usually create the AFS principal and put it onto the first server in
> one go with heimdals ktutil:
>
> ktutil -k AFSKEYFILE:/usr/afs/etc/KeyFile get -p your-admin-principal
>  afs/your-cell@YOUR-REALM
>
> The AFSKEYFILE: tells the heimdal library that this is not a normal krb5
> keyfile.
>
> (This is from memory only, so I blame any inaccuracy on that ;-)
>
> Harald.

--0015175cb6585191220491794df7

t this as an alternative to using asetkey for sites that use Heimdal?<div><=
br></div><div>If so, I&#39;ll include this in the Quick Start Guide patch (=
which, after all these promises, I had better submit if I am to regain any =
credibility here....)</div>
, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Harald Barth <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"ma=
"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding=
-left:1ex;">
I usually create the AFS principal and put it onto the first server in<br>
one go with heimdals ktutil:<br>
ktutil -k AFSKEYFILE:/usr/afs/etc/KeyFile get -p your-admin-principal =A0af=
s/your-cell@YOUR-REALM<br>
The AFSKEYFILE: tells the heimdal library that this is not a normal krb5 ke=
yfile.<br>
(This is from memory only, so I blame any inaccuracy on that ;-)<br>
Harald.<br>

--0015175cb6585191220491794df7--