[OpenAFS] RHEL/OpenAFS as VMware ESXi guest

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 03 Apr 2011 15:18:24 -0700

Thomas Smith <theitsmith@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm currently running RHEL 5 Xen and am considering switching to VMware
> ESXi 4.

> Has anyone on the list used these together and, if so, were any issues
> were experienced? Since both OpenAFS and VMware Tools insert modules
> into the kernel, I am concerned that one might break the other.

We have a bunch of VMware guests and have never had any trouble.  We've
never tried installing OpenAFS on the ESXi host, though.  (I wasn't sure
from your question whether you were considering that, or just looking at
the guests.)