[OpenAFS] Happy Holidays -- Another year in the life of OpenAFS

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:35:57 -0800

--20cf307ca51ee6632404b4c5028b

I use a hand drill for holes in he quartos, dental tape for thread, sewing
needle, hot glue and a sheet metal jump shear in my shop for final trim.

I'm slowly progressing to ADA complaint typeset text.  In another few years
'll be into large print...

There must be a small shop somewhere where this can be done cheaply.

Which leads to another project, replacing the book "Managing AFS", etc. etc.

Tedc

PS At the old Tektronix, only english majors were employed as manual
writers, type set manuals were printed on our own Heidelberg Press,
complete schematics and sources provided, and you couldn't ship a new
product without.

That was before spreadsheet management which destroyed the company.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Coy Hile <coy.hile@coyhile.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Ted Creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.net>
> wrote:
> > Does any docbook conversion support typesetting or am I back to latex?
> >
> > I meant quarto, I have binding & shearing although I feel like Ben
> Franklin
> > sometimes.
> >
> > The handbook is quite handy.
> >
> > Tedc
>
> Do you have any useful doco on what's required to bind one's own books
> (given the PDF)? It'd be quite useful to have bound copies of a lot of
> this documentation on something other than a 3-ring with n sheets of
> loose leaf.
>
> You've intrigued me :)
>
> Thanks,
> -c

--20cf307ca51ee6632404b4c5028b

I use a hand drill for holes in he quartos, dental tape for thread, sewing =
needle, hot glue and a sheet metal jump shear in my shop for final trim.<br=
r few years &#39;ll be into large print...<br>
ajors were employed as manual writers, type set manuals were printed on our=
 own Heidelberg Press, complete schematics and sources provided, and you co=
uldn&#39;t ship a new product without.<br>
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:coy.hile@coyhile.com">coy.hile@coyhil=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"im">On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11=
:11 AM, Ted Creedon &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tcreedon@easystreet.net">tcreedon=
@easystreet.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

&gt; Does any docbook conversion support typesetting or am I back to latex?=
&gt;<br>
&gt; I meant quarto, I have binding &amp; shearing although I feel like Ben=
 Franklin<br>
&gt; sometimes.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The handbook is quite handy.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Tedc<br>
own books<br>
(given the PDF)? It&#39;d be quite useful to have bound copies of a lot of<=
br>
this documentation on something other than a 3-ring with n sheets of<br>
loose leaf.<br>
You&#39;ve intrigued me :)<br>
Thanks,<br>

--20cf307ca51ee6632404b4c5028b--