[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4 and 1.6 compatibility

Dan Scott danieljamesscott@gmail.com
Tue, 31 May 2011 22:14:57 -0400

Hello,

I have a cell configured with 3 OpenAFS servers and 20 or so clients,
all running version 1.4.x of OpenAFS. I see that 1.6 is nearing
release and I have a few questions:

1. What are the new features of version 1.6?
2. Are 1.6 clients compatible with 1.4 servers?
3. Are 1.4 clients compatible with 1.6 servers?

What I'm really interested in knowing is can I upgrade my
servers/clients as/when convenient, or do I have to do them all in 1
go? I'm hoping, since 1.4 and 1.6 both use protocol V3, they will be
compatible with each other?

Sorry if this is all documented somewhere, but I couldn't find it on
the website - or the mailing list archives.

Thanks,

Dan Scott